NOVEMBER 5-10, 2018
- Venue：National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai)
- Hosts：Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China
- Shanghai Municipal People’s Government
- World Trade Organization
United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
United Nations Industrial Development Organization
- China International Import Expo Bureau
National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- In May 2017, Chinese President Xi Jinping announced at the Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation that China will hold China International Import Expo (CIIE) starting from 2018.
- It is a significant move for the Chinese government to hold CIIE to give firm support to trade liberalization and economic globalization and actively open the Chinese market to the world. It facilitates countries and regions all over the world to strengthen economic cooperation and trade, and to promote global trade and world economic growth in order to make the world economy more open.
- The Chinese government sincerely welcomes government officials, business communities, exhibitors and professional purchasers across the world to participate in CIIE and to explore the Chinese market. We would like to work with all countries, regions and international organizations to make CIIE a world-class Expo, providing new channels for countries and regions to do business, strengthen cooperation and promote common prosperity of the world economy and trade.
HUGE CHINESE MARKET WITH RAPID GROWTH OF CONSUMPTION AND IMPORT
With the world’s largest population, China is the second largest economy, as well as the second largest importer and consumer in the world. Now China has entered a new development stage at which consumption keeps increasing, indicating enormous potential for the growth of consumption and import. In the next five years, China is expecting to import products and services valuing more than 10 trillion U.S. dollars, which provides a historic opportunity for enterprises across the world to enter the huge Chinese market.
IDEAL LOCATION, THE TRADE CENTER OF CHINA
Located in the Yangtze River Delta Economic Zone, Shanghai enjoys favorable location advantage, great economic strength, well-developed service industries and the ability to allocate global resources. The container throughput of Shanghai Port has been ranking the first place for seven consecutive years. The passenger throughput of airport exceeds 100 million, with route network covering 282 cities around the world.
LARGE-SCALE EXHIBITIONS WITH DIVERSIFIED AND TARGETED SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES
Enterprises from over 100 countries and regions are expected to participate in the first CIIE. Supporting activities such as supply-demand matchmaking meetings, seminars and product releases will be held during the Expo.
MULTIPLE MEASURES GUARANTEEING ALL-ROUND AND QUALITY SERVICES
The CIIE will facilitate participation in terms of customs clearance, inspection and quarantine, provide long-term one-stop transaction services online and of-fline, and strengthen protection of intellectual property rights to safeguard the rights and interests of merchants.
STRONG PURCHASE DEMAND WITH A LARGE NUMBER OF PROFESSIONAL PURCHASERS
The CIIE will invite Chinese enterprises from across the country to come to do business. Merchants from other countries will also be invited to the Expo. It’s estimated that 150,000 domestic and foreign professional purchasers will participate in the Expo.